Sunday 16 June 2013

And so the journey continues...

...online.

As a Christian, I have always believed God has a plan for me.  For a long as I can remember there has been that constant reassurance 'I'm with you'.  Like many others, probably everyone at some stage, I've had the thought of 'where are you now!' but I know He was there...isn't hindsight perfect?

As the cliché goes - life is a journey.  I've been on this journey of life with its ups and downs and the regular (metaphorical) tap on the shoulder with the voice 'remember me - I've a plan for you'.  For 13 years God has been reminding me that I have a calling to some form of ministry in the Church of Scotland.   So if, as I've already said, I'm so certain He has a plan for me, has it taken so long to respond to the call?  It's not been the right time.  

Seeds need planting and tended to.  The seed was planted by 2 people; both in the same year at different times.  I explored tentatively that year and pushed (metaphorical) doors.  The doors didn't open whilst others opened instead.  Off I went and studied Geography and Geomatics - a far cry from the Divinity courses required if those two people were right.

Young seedlings need encouragement.  A wee while passed and then came the next tap on the shoulder 'remember me - I've a plan for you'.  This time no-one spoke to me and there was no bright light.  It was a gentle reminder that one day, in His time, I would fulfil His plan.  Wee moments like this recurred every now and then until...

Seedlings need transplanted to enable them to continue growing.  Since January 2013 there has been a much more intense reminder of this plan.  Daily Bible study readings, services of worship and encounters with people have all been giving me the encouragement to 'get on with it'.  So off I embark on the next stage of my journey. 

Where will it lead?  What will I do?  Who knows?  God does, and that's all the reassurance I need.  So in a fortnight's time I'm off the the Vocations Conference to explore my call.  

2 comments:

  1. Good luck. I know I kept getting nudged, but with hindsight see God's timing was perfect. Not that I should be surprised by that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the Blogsphere, and enjoy the journey.

    I'm still not sure what He's got planned!

    ReplyDelete