Sunday 30 June 2013

Searching Questions

So the time has come. This weekend is the Church of Scotland Vocations Conference.

The process of exploring my call is just beginning but I may have been thwarted at this early stage. A questionnaire 'not designed to catch you out' was sent with my conference pack. Diligently I sat down to think about this 'personal self enquiry'.  It's no secret I'm applying to the Presbyterian church in Scotland.  Asked about my 5 skills, 5 things I like about myself, 3 strengths others note in me...what are thing things?!  I may be a little flippant; there are plenty of 'easier' questions like the skills I wished I had, things I dislike, etc. 

On a serious note, the whole sheet made me seriously consider my calling and what gifts God has given me. Despite the many blank answer spaces, I have had the opportunity to reflect and I have most certainly begun my thinking process. 

The exciting journey has begun. Supportive conversations and words of encouragement have reaffirmed the belief I wrote of before: now is the time. 

2 comments:

  1. I've been asked a lot of unusual questions recently. While they have messes with my head a bit, there have been no trick questions.

    I may on occasion have given a few trick answers...And I still maintain that "Thomas the Tank engine" is the most important book to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The theology of Thomas the Tank - that would make an interesting discussion!

      Delete